PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Fighterz BY ARC SYS

aka2810
Jun 11, 2017, 23:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy9PREwjChs

REJOICE! OUR DREAM GAME IS HERE DRAGON BALL FANS!
I'm beyond hyped right now!! I like to know your reactions on this Masterwork of a game :wavetowel:

kater15
Jun 12, 2017, 00:27
Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very WONDERFUL!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Dragon Ball forever. :rock1:

aka2810
Jun 12, 2017, 00:34
Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very WONDERFUL!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Dragon Ball forever. :rock1:

My "Dragon Balls" dropped when I saw it live :shock_jaw_drop: also 3v3 battles would mean my team with Bardock, Future Trunks and Hit is official XDDD

aka2810
Jun 12, 2017, 14:14
The gameplay is looking very similar to MVC mixed with Guilty Gear. Especially with those dust attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyAsej4PYvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKMqdNnPqOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPBjl_cU-0

emulator
Jun 13, 2017, 21:00

aka2810
Jun 13, 2017, 22:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jSjYB2RCkk
Showcasing competitive play in DBZF :boxing:

Mortos
Jun 15, 2017, 05:53
This game is gonna rock! never thought i would be hyped for something DBZ related again, but this is looking so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Koy021veA

aka2810
Jun 15, 2017, 11:29
That Pre order button killied me :megalol:

Antogames
Jun 18, 2017, 19:34
I don't want to be the party breaker but those graphique have been already seen on mobile device. So, instead to complain about MVCI graphic, do this for that game has well.

aka2810
Jun 18, 2017, 21:09
I don't want to be the party breaker but those graphique have been already seen on mobile device. So, instead to complain about MVCI graphic, do this for that game has well.

These are obviously not mobile game graphics, Its using Unreal Engine 4. Based of the Guilty Gear Xrd Engine which that game is beautiful to look at just like this one. Although good graphics are always a must have, I'd rather play a fighter that has good gameplay and mechanics (Which it will). This game is a definite day one buy for me :very_good:

Antogames
Jun 19, 2017, 15:24
It also give me to my second point is than we talking about dragon ball Z here. We have over power character and then, it will means than some character *caught* golden freeza *caught* will be top tier and impossible to defeat. And if it's balance. See those guy bottom tier will be kind of weird. And also, some feature I heard than the game have could made the game so ragging to play against other people. Also, it's a MvC with DBZ character. Mugen did it first.

aka2810
Jun 19, 2017, 15:35
My guess is you haven't played the newer Guilty Gear games since that pretty much sets the foundation of DBZF's gameplay mechanics. I have no doubt that Arc Sys will put character balance top priority. Since they announced they're gonna release a beta sometime this summer to test the waters. And It really doesn't matter if "Mugen did it first". Most of us are just happy we're getting something we Dragon ball and fighting game fans love :wink1:

Antogames
Jun 19, 2017, 15:41
My guess is you haven't played the newer Guilty Gear games since that pretty much sets the foundation of DBZF's gameplay mechanics. I have no doubt that Arc Sys will put character balance top priority. Since they announced they're gonna release a beta sometime this summer to test the waters. And It really doesn't matter if "Mugen did it first". Most of us are just happy we're getting something we Dragon ball and fighting game fans love :wink1:

True, I never play any guilty gear before (and I think I could buy it or BlazeBlue since it's in sale) but I have seen than the game looks f****** beautiful. I was thinking it was drawing sprite but not, it's full 3D. And also I learn then the cast of the Vanilla version is only 14 character...... less than SFV vanilla version. Not really interesting since the cast only get 3 new character since then (i could be wrong) but at least, SFV get nine new character and even the content have grew (I'm still waiting for arcade mode). But I heard they have sexy waifus there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Also, the developer of the game is maybe Arc but Namco still leading the project and I'm sure they will ask them to made more character and force them to rush everything and that could lead to the cancelation of the game.

aka2810
Jun 19, 2017, 16:04
I couldn't agree more why yes, Blazblue does indeed have beautiful sprites and it shows they put lots of work into them and I would love to see another Arc sys game with 2D sprites. But I also agree with the shift to 3D for their fighters since they're easier to produce so they can focus more on game play. Sprites would take too much time to draw and in order to make that early 2018 release date, they need that time to prep for other things besides the look of the game, Which IMO, looks way better and they pull off illusion of it being 2d perfectly. As for Namco Bandai publishing their game, I think you're undermining their ability to produce results with their games. Unlike Capcom, I doubt they do anything rash like rushing the game. heck DBZF was probably in development way before they announced it. And if you look at Tekken 7's development cycle, Namco Bandai took 3 years before they released it on consoles with all the location test in Japan, and Tekken 7 is great because of it. And I have no doubt DBZF will be the same as well :xp:

Antogames
Jun 19, 2017, 16:32
I couldn't agree more why yes, Blazblue does indeed have beautiful sprites and it shows they put lots of work into them and I would love to see another Arc sys game with 2D sprites. But I also agree with the shift to 3D for their fighters since they're easier to produce so they can focus more on game play. Sprites would take too much time to draw and in order to make that early 2018 release date, they need that time to prep for other things besides the look of the game, Which IMO, looks way better and they pull off illusion of it being 2d perfectly. As for Namco Bandai publishing their game, I think you're undermining their ability to produce results with their games. Unlike Capcom, I doubt they do anything rash like rushing the game. heck DBZF was probably in development way before they announced it. And if you look at Tekken 7's development cycle, Namco Bandai took 3 years before they released it on consoles with all the location test in Japan, and Tekken 7 is great because of it. And I have no doubt DBZF will be the same as well :xp:

I can already confirmed than Picolo is in it. But you have to think this. They all made new character with no move set to base on. And to be only 20% complete and to be release for next years, they have to rush a lot of work if they want to meet the timeline. And I'm still wonder if the net code will be good cause if it's not, the game will be quick forget unlike SFV who have a dissent one (if you search a 5 bar one) and I love playing online. And it need to have a story mode and an arcade mode and a good gameplay who will be easy to understand cause if they go with teleport+hit+Teleport+Kamehameha+Teleport+Kikoken cancel+punch+assist+dash+ultra, it will be too hard and scary to new player to got too. I heard than Guilty Gear Xrd have suffer of the same problem and if that is the game, newbies will never touch that game and the number of player will be going down really fast. However, with MVCI, the game is more easier and can do combo easily. I don't know if the game will be good or it will fail, but I just want that game to be dissent and not over power. (and I want Chi-Chi p

aka2810
Jun 19, 2017, 17:01
It seems we're on different parts of the spectrum here whether the game will succeed or not so until the game comes out. We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. Good debate friend :thumbup:

Antogames
Jun 19, 2017, 20:31
It seems we're on different parts of the spectrum here whether the game will succeed or not so until the game comes out. We'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose. Good debate friend :thumbup:

Your welcome. I really needed to debate about it cause of the over hype. Owever, i may try guilty gear one day

ictrl
Jun 20, 2017, 04:44
this ****ing game is gonna be great only thing I want to know is whose on the roster list and did they get the original english voice actors

Antogames
Jun 20, 2017, 15:36
this ****ing game is gonna be great only thing I want to know is whose on the roster list and did they get the original english voice actors

Well, I think you can easily guess the obvious one (like Picolo, Future Trunks, Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshihan. They have to be in) but you can choose what you prefer.
Me, I want Chi-Chi cause I want to see her reckt Freeza and Perfect Cell and also I want Nappa with the TFS voice (if the game is on PC, I want a mod of that XD) (I just hope they will not put Brolly)

aka2810
Jun 20, 2017, 15:39
Now you got me thinking about how Namco Bandai should have official TFS voiceovers as DLC :gs_mhuahaha: they probably might put Kale instead of Broly because Super.

emulator
Jun 20, 2017, 21:25
Now you got me thinking about how Namco Bandai should have official TFS voiceovers as DLC :gs_mhuahaha: they probably might put Kale instead of Broly because Super.

Bamco isn't on the same level as Square Enix, at least not yet.
At most they'll probably make some characters as DLC along with some stages.
Toppled with the common life cycle of fighting games, they'll probably re-release the game several times as a definitive version each time.
Super -> Deluxe -> Omega -> Ultimate -> Hyper -> Ultra -> Turbo -> Legacy, etc..

Antogames
Jun 21, 2017, 19:36
Bamco isn't on the same level as Square Enix, at least not yet.
At most they'll probably make some characters as DLC along with some stages.
Toppled with the common life cycle of fighting games, they'll probably re-release the game several times as a definitive version each time.
Super -> Deluxe -> Omega -> Ultimate -> Hyper -> Ultra -> Turbo -> Legacy, etc..

I will say the final name will be Super Omega Ultimate Hyper Ultra Dragon Ball Fighter Z final mix anniversary game of the years complete deluxe edition Turbo Legacy EX Director Cut GT [email protected] and Knuckles.
Release for 2100.

emulator
Jun 21, 2017, 19:42
I will say Super Omega Ultimate Hyper Ultra Dragon Ball Fighter Z anniversary game of the years deluxe edition Turbo Legacy Director Cut GT [email protected] and Knuckles.
Release for 2100.

You forgot something.

Antogames
Jun 21, 2017, 19:47
You forgot something.

Super Omega Ultimate Hyper Ultra Dragon Ball Fighter Z final mix anniversary game of the years complete deluxe edition Turbo Legacy EX Director Cut GT [email protected] and Knuckles featuring Dante for the Devil May Cry series

Here, the final title. XD

aka2810
Jun 22, 2017, 15:12
*Woo* Future Trunks Revealed

emulator
Jun 22, 2017, 15:54
*Woo* Future Trunks Revealed

I hope they make his sword usable.

Antogames
Jun 23, 2017, 16:37
That one was pretty obvious.
I call than the next one is Picolo. He have to be in that game or else, it will be an insult to series and the fan.

ictrl
Jun 23, 2017, 22:41

if they did do some shit like put kale over broly people are gonna be pissed
I don't watch dbsuper but the only character imo that should be in from the series is Hitto

slicetheluffy
Jun 23, 2017, 22:47
its probably going to have a lackluster roster :/

Antogames
Jun 24, 2017, 03:01

What you means by that? Than the roster will be small or it will be with character than everyone expect to be in

CasualExperiment77
Jun 24, 2017, 06:35
I can't wait for this to come out very excited.

aka2810
Jun 24, 2017, 13:28

Since its coming from the developers of Blazblue and Guilty Gear. I already expect the roster to be not as big as the Budokai series. But who can say? Arc Sys might pull something off here. I'd estimate the roster be around maybe 20-30 or so chars ? Even with such a limited roster, again I say that the gameplay mechanics and balance of each character will be finely tuned because its a small roster focus.

aka2810
Jul 14, 2017, 16:49
DRAGON BALL AT EVO! The first streamed tournament starts in less than a couple hours at 10:00am PT through 1:00pm PT today, July 15. There will be another tourney later during the early-afternoon at 2:00pm PT through 5:00pm PT. Tomorrow, Saturday, July 15, there will be another set of two exhibition tournaments and they’ll take place at the same time as the ones being held today.

Watch the DBFZ Tourney here https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

Antogames
Jul 15, 2017, 16:06
DRAGON BALL AT EVO! The first streamed tournament starts in less than a couple hours at 10:00am PT through 1:00pm PT today, July 15. There will be another tourney later during the early-afternoon at 2:00pm PT through 5:00pm PT. Tomorrow, Saturday, July 15, there will be another set of two exhibition tournaments and they’ll take place at the same time as the ones being held today.

Watch the DBFZ Tourney here https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

I wonder how the crowd was.

1. If it was hyped, well, that's a good sign
2. If not, that means than people would maybe have the impression to see the same thing again and again and that's isn't a good sign cause they have to delay to made it more interesting.

Antogames
Jul 19, 2017, 01:56
Okay. So, Krillin and Picolo just get confirmed. Nothing really special. Now, I'm waiting for a dragon ball waifu

Antogames
Jul 27, 2017, 18:37
So, for info, we learn than sadly, the beta of the game will be delay until September (cause of some feedback giving by the player at EVO) and by what I heard, it's really close of the release day of MVCI..... Okay, it's confirmed, Arc System want to destroy Capcom. (Did everyone forget RE7 cause I heard it was a really good horror game made by them. I mean, come on)
But for now, nothing new about it. I also heard some feedback about all the character play the same and the combo possibility is really limited but I can understand for that cause it's not complete and the final game can give us more combos. However, just heard than everyone play the same make me raise an eyebrow. I means, okay, it means than you play one of the character, you can play all of them and that's good for newbies but.... did it feel a bit lazy? I means, it's almost like they keep a move set and character, but the put a different model and change the voice and the attack named but it's the same imput. If we can (it's possible than this couldn't be possible) spam fire ball, well, everyone will do that. It's like it will be clone fighter. Again, I could be wrong but if the game reveal to be an other average DB game, well, I will say than I cald it. And I just hope than MVCI doesn't fail and be good (or being delay for polish. The hype train will restart then)
Btw, I don't hate DB. I have read the original manga from the DB to DBZ and I never watched the anime. I also don't hate Arc System. I have try BlazeBlue Central Fiction and it's really good and some of them fighting game and I'm hype for them next game (who will also inclued some RBWY and Persona character and a series I don't know where it came from). It's just then people think than this is the real MVCI and I needed to give my thought. I means, true than Arc System have created great game but I just needed to put frustration away again.
However, if after they made an other 3V3 fighting game, plz, made one of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Dweesh
Aug 01, 2017, 18:49
This Game looks so amazing and I am so Hyped to watch people play this who are good at it!

Antogames
Aug 11, 2017, 12:44
So, I have look on YouTube video of a discussion of MvCI roaster and, in the comment, I found someone who said then DBFZ will be a one button fighting game. And I'm kind of raise an eyebrow. Is it true or just someone who think than it will be an other game like all anime game than Namco did? Cause, if it was the case, no one will talk about it even if it was looking so sick and the hype will be already dead when the gameplay at E3 show up.
Again, I need confirmation

aka2810
Aug 11, 2017, 14:49
So, I have look on YouTube video of a discussion of MvCI roaster and, in the comment, I found someone who said then DBFZ will be a one button fighting game. And I'm kind of raise an eyebrow. Is it true or just someone who think than it will be an other game like all anime game than Namco did? Cause, if it was the case, no one will talk about it even if it was looking so sick and the hype will be already dead when the gameplay at E3 show up.
Again, I need confirmation

Not true. like Guilty Gear or any other hyper fighter, its a standard 6-button scheme. Here are the controls for more confirmation http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBFZ/Controls

Antogames
Aug 11, 2017, 17:30
Not true. like Guilty Gear or any other hyper fighter, its a standard 6-button scheme. Here are the controls for more confirmation http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=DBFZ/Controls

*sigh* Thanks to the info dude. I was kind of worried if he was right.

JDude330
Aug 14, 2017, 01:09
I'm not even a fan of the Dragon Ball franchise, but from what i've seen so far I'm incredibly interested. Hopefully the beta comes soon enough (still a tad frustrated about last time :/).

LC-DDM
Aug 14, 2017, 15:51
Not gonna lie, hyped to see what will come from this.

Hell, the game itself already beat MvCI, imo.

Antogames
Aug 18, 2017, 17:42
And they just announce than SSGSS Goku and Vegeta form will be an entire new character. *facepalm* Well, guess transformation will not be like an alternate costume. And we where so close to then to not do it again but they did. I just hope be similar but unique. For example like Oni in SF4, he play almost like Akuma but he is different in some aspect like design, gameplay and control. This will be perfect. But again, could have been a power up like Golden Freeza imo. But if they do this again, no thanks
At least they brought the Android. Finally, the waifu Android 18 is back and of course our bird lover 16 (Future Main)

Ettlesby
Aug 18, 2017, 21:40
I won't rest unless THE CHAMP is added, but I do approve of the androids. It'll be interesting to see what they do with them. Admittedly interested in 16 in particular, but 18 is cool too.

Also interested in seeing how the 3v3, with each player taking control of a single character, works in practice. Should be fun.

aka2810
Aug 22, 2017, 16:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiNO_pvE_g
Gameplay reveal of 18 and 16 with a little tease of the story mode. I hope I'm able to get into the beta o_o

penispumper
Aug 23, 2017, 14:19
Raditz when. He was beautiful in EB. He will hopefully be even more beautiful here.

Antogames
Aug 25, 2017, 00:21
More and more I see the game. Less and less it's look like a new Mavhel style game and most to a guilty gear game with just a three vs three mechanic.

Brobot team for win

Sonex
Aug 25, 2017, 12:24
I need this game in my life like right now.

aka2810
Sep 16, 2017, 20:20
I never thought they would make it in but here they are. Yamcha and Tenshinhan revealed along with a new character Android 21.

TRANSLATION

Android #21
Designed by Akira Toriyama, 21 is central character in the story mode. Her intellect rivals even that of Dr. Gero (the creator of the Androids, Cell and Red Ribbon Army.) She seems related to Android #16's revival in the story mode. Android 21 does not have any fighting statistics at this time, and at this point there is technically nothing that implies she will actually be a playable character.

Yamcha
Yamcha is a rushdown character who specializes in grounded combat. From his signature Rouga Fuu Fuu Ken (Wolf Fang Fist), he has mixups and followups which makes him a real threat on the ground.
His Super, the Soukidan (Spirit Ball) can be controlled via additional inputs while his Meteo Super is the Shin Rouga Fuu Fuu Ken (True Wolf Fang Fist).

Power - 2
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Tenshinhan
Overwhelms his opponents with high power and high move variety. Using his Kikouhou, Dodonpa, Haikyuuken (Volleyball Fist) and even being suppotred by Chaozu's Psychic Powers as an assist, his move variety is fascinating.
His nostalgic Volleyball Fist makes an appearance, and with Chaozu's psychic abilities he can seal his opponent's movement. His Meteo Super is the Shin Kikouhou, where he flies up high and releases an incredibly powerful Kikouhou. With additional inputs, you can keep firing several blasts of it.

Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Tabris666
Sep 16, 2017, 22:45
Why make the price higher hiring english dubbers if you can sell the game cheaper byt just using the japanese voices.
Well is unreal engine 4 so is going to be good,i hope the so called fans don't ruin the game with their reviews and complains because if i don't remember wrongly if foreigner fans complains about an almost perfect game then they would stop releasing games outsides of japan and this is a reality that is already happening.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse rated in japan as a masterpiece in foreign countries they call it a full of bugs game,it was incomplete the dlc should have been available normally and complains like that,so i hope foreigners don't ruin this with their complains.
As the roster well it would be similar to the dragon ball extreme butouden with additions of 4 more chars which is good or maybe as all fans have said a return to the very basics

Antogames
Sep 17, 2017, 02:19
OBJECTION
Yamcha stat should be
Power - 0
Speed - 0
Reach - 0
Technique - 0
Energy - 0
Perfect. XD
I have seen someone play the beta and yes, it's look like UMVC3 but must slower and with less higger combo (haven't seen an infinite yet). It made me kind of made me want to buy the game..... but I'm waiting they announce more waifu cause now, only 18.

KingR
Sep 17, 2017, 10:13
Man, this game keeps getting better, looking forward to this Android 21

Antogames
Sep 17, 2017, 14:29
Man, this game keeps getting better, looking forward to this Android 21

Aka Waifu 21 I WON!

aka2810
Sep 23, 2017, 11:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA3p6Tc5dfM&t=0s

Dammit Yamcha! Your not supposed to look this awesome XD

Antogames
Oct 07, 2017, 14:47
You know. I have a bad feeling about the story mode. Than it will be only cinematic (like in GG) and be just a movie. And I think then some people will complain about it (mostly people who aren't used to Arc System) cause, when they think of Story mode, they think of long *** cinematic and fight and an other cinematic and again. If it's just animated. People will be complain easily about it. This is a energetic fighting game. If they want to watch cut scene, they just go on YouTube for it and made this mode unnecessary. And because of that. I think Arc System should at least try a story mode with gameplay. Maybe it will not be hype as Tekken 7 or amazing as Injustice 2 but they have to try. Like the old said: We have to be hurt to be stronger. (or something like that)

LoganWulfric
Oct 20, 2017, 19:24
Really hope Jiren and Hit make the cut, even if they come in as DLC they are both amazing characters that have stolen my heart in super!

Imagine doing time tech with Hit to cancel stuff and psyche out your opponent!

Antogames
Oct 21, 2017, 12:46
Now, there no more new character in it and even all character will never be in it.....

CAUSE IT'S ONLY NAPPA NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYSRBXYUQf4

And forget about the purple aliens guy on the thumbnail. He is just a background character.

UPDATE
So, recently, they announced DLC for the game *facepalm* But some reason, no one complain about it. I'm like

songohan123
Dec 21, 2017, 07:57
OBJECTION
Yamcha stat should be
Power - 0
Speed - 0
Reach - 0
Technique - 0
Energy - 0
Perfect. XD
I have seen someone play the beta and yes, it's look like UMVC3 but must slower and with less higger combo (haven't seen an infinite yet). It made me kind of made me want to buy the game..... but I'm waiting they announce more waifu cause now, only 18.
haha Now YamchaGOD defeat GOKU, Frieza, Majin Buu. hahaa. Dragon ball FighterZ very interesting :boxing::boxing::boxing:

Manji Ranger Kiavala
Dec 22, 2017, 01:10
Not gonna lie, hyped to see what will come from this.

Hell, the game itself already beat MvCI, imo.

I agree. Tatsunoko vs Capcom was the last good Capcom Vs. game and IMO, I think the series went downhill after that.