PDA

View Full Version : Any arcade machine owners here?

tec5_5
4th June 2017, 20:57
I had two at one point but all I have now is my Super Street Fighter 2 The New Champions its my baby

I got pics of me doing some button maintenance work on SF but not sure if I''m allowed to post pics yet

The other one was a broken SNK 4 slot *cries* and but I didn't have it for long (lack of room) and it was a mess to fix

tec5_5
8th June 2017, 03:59
Huh..I thought someone else here would own one

aka2810
8th June 2017, 22:04
Not technically an arcade cabinet but I do have work in progress Raspberry Pi 3 setup with Retropie. It's still in the early stages. I managed to get the frontend running and still in the process of adding games into it. Don't have a shell to house the board yet, but it's the closest thing to an arcade I own.

emulator
14th June 2017, 15:57
Not an owner.
But it's been a long time dream of mine to have one at home.
Preferably any of the following:

- Metal Slug 1 / 2 / 3
- Street Fighter II: The New Challengers / III: 3rd Strike / Alpha 3
- Tekken 6 / Bloodline Rebellion
- Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

There are others, but these are the ones I'd appreciate having the most.

tec5_5
17th June 2017, 07:18
I had my SFII TNC arcade cabinet for about 10 years now and I never tire of it

emulator
17th June 2017, 17:41
That reminds me of an arcade I used to pass by everyday on my way home from work.
Every chance I get, I'd go there to play Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition.
One day the machine was gone, I asked the guy running the place and he said, "Sorry, your Soulcalibur game is was taken away. You were the only one who actually played it."

I felt betrayed that day.

iewbgaewghaerhearhea
25th June 2017, 03:14
I planned on making a arcade cabinet for mugen. But since I'm like using version 1.1 and I've had many issues with it crashing frequently... I figured it might not be worth investing time. Maybe 1.0 doesn't crash a lot.