PDA

View Full Version : This is an utterly abhorrent excuse for a file sharing website.

Alceris
May 20, 2017, 10:49
Not allowing unregistered or inactive users to download anything and ****ing adf.ly, really? Everyone involved in the continued existence of this website should be utterly ashamed and disgusted with themselves and never allowed to touch a computer again.

TheRealZaWarudo
May 21, 2017, 01:19
I agree

- - - Updated - - -

Ye

rednecktexan
Jun 25, 2017, 07:44
why? just because you dont use the site often doesnt mean you should be so rude to the people who do enjoy it. if you dont like it then you should grow up and move on instead of whining on a website.

okayyougotme
Jun 27, 2017, 04:51
Registered users get like, instant downloads free of ads. Just don't lurk and boom 100% quality of life increase.

A x ◿
Jun 27, 2017, 07:34
Not allowing unregistered or inactive users to download anything and ****ing adf.ly, really? Everyone involved in the continued existence of this website should be utterly ashamed and disgusted with themselves and never allowed to touch a computer again.

I sympathize with you, there is a lot of things I don't agree with here but the many things I do agree with I feel redeem this place beyond all others hands down. No place is perfect but this place where you are now is the closet thing to it. Here you have certain freedoms that are very rare in mugen such as every download imaginable all at one place and all yours if for a small reasonable price (figuratively speaking). Not only that this is a genuine warehouse that won't expire out of existence and you can have an unlimited free use of it provided that you honor (voluntarily) the admins wishes.

From what I understand if you are active enough or even contribute here you can have an almost ad-free experience upon ranking up (no ad.fly) by meeting the requirements of the one time quota.

You should give the admins a break because they pay for this ~90% to host free downloads to you in a true sense out of their own pocket and it's very expensive considering the content available here so they had to take some drastic measures to help with the cost. If you really feel strongly about this and want to help this place become available to everyone then you have to consider paying for the hosting of this place for the next 10 years to get your ad-free downloads.

Even free file hosting have ads, including ad.fly, all except again the ones that can afford their own hosting service.

In reality no one owes us anything for free but places like that that pay for the hosting themselves (including for the most part Mugen Archive) are doing a real service to you. So please have a little more compassion for the administrators and their decisions. They aren't asking for much in return, just a little of your time and in their minds for your benefit as well to get more involved in the system (the community) that pretty much made all these downloads possible to exist in the first place that ended up here for download.

ad.fly isn't perfect or the requirements to download but the admins are doing their best with what they know and what they have. I personally suggest you not follow the trendy rumors against this place but rather judge it fairly for yourself and if you find it's unacceptable then you only need to refrain from any further participation and enjoy many of the other alternatives to this place. We're not the only ones out here and no one is forcing you to stay just to be fair.

I also suggest from here on out not to participate in any mugen drama period, as it is, it sucks the fun out of what we are all trying to do here. The silly disputes between forums/websites is just that, silly and juvenile. Stay out of it and even ignore it, you'll be a lot happier and can do what you came here to do more comfortably and easily. What they do has nothing to do with us and it isn't worth our time. I hope you'll seriously consider my proposals and really decide about this awesome opportunity that you might be letting go here.

:exclamation: I like to request admins and mods to have patience with this user and give him a second chance in hopes of seeing if he will either stay here in peace or leave in it for the better now understanding our position here. Thank you.

mulambo
Jul 02, 2017, 05:21
A x ◿ for president of Mugen Archive NOW j/k but we really need compassionate leaders tolerant to criticism

MarleyD
Jul 02, 2017, 16:36
Abso-****ing-lutely. Pro-tip: if you are going to request that adblock be turned off, make damn sure that the ads are NOT intrusive. I can't even download shit because the adfly/gestyy pages are redirected to a malware download before the 5 second countdown finishes.

Also, why do you have a wiki? All that does is give me false hope for 10 seconds.

Me: Let me google "funny valentine mugen." Holy shit! Mugen Archive has him. *click* Goddammit!

Dizzy
Jul 03, 2017, 13:07
:exclamation: I like to request admins and mods to have patience with this user and give him a second chance in hopes of seeing if he will either stay here in peace or leave in it for the better now understanding our position here. Thank you.

What do you mean? Nobody was banned or censored from what I can tell.

A x ◿
Jul 03, 2017, 16:17
What do you mean? Nobody was banned or censored from what I can tell.

The user has 3 red dots under his name. During the event someone mentioned that was like a temporary penalty or something until they got good rep or it expired or something like that. I read that somewhere that that was for getting out of line or something. I think a mod was describing this if I'm not mistaken? I can't remember where exactly, maybe it was in that thread about the event?

Alceris also has a lock icon next to his status and under his name, I think that gave me the impression he was also somehow locked I guess? I'm still not sure what a lot of this profile stuff means yet? My apologies if I misunderstood all of this.

Dizzy
Jul 03, 2017, 17:28
The user has 3 red dots under his name. During the event someone mentioned that was like a temporary penalty or something until they got good rep or it expired or something like that. I read that somewhere that that was for getting out of line or something. I think a mod was describing this if I'm not mistaken? I can't remember where exactly, maybe it was in that thread about the event?

Alceris also has a lock icon next to his status and under his name, I think that gave me the impression he was also somehow locked I guess? I'm still not sure what a lot of this profile stuff means yet? My apologies if I misunderstood all of this.

The red dots mean he has a negative reputation level, probably because he has received negative reputation for this post. And the lock icon means he can't level up his account beyond Lurker, at least not until his reputation level is back to a positive value. He can still access the site just fine, post, download and do what Lurkers can do.

Maybe his post was intended as a ******* post, but we no longer ban people just for silly words, after all nobody's hurt. I'm sure this post would have gotten him banned on any other MUGEN site but not here. Old forums are dying for a reason, nowadays users don't like to be policed for no reason by oppressive mods, so our moderation policies are similar to modern social medias. After all you can post a video on youtube and say "youtube is cancer", and google won't give a damn, I like this idea and I think that's what users expect nowadays. I think websites which police their users like in the 1990s are all going to disappear, so we'd better live in our times.

mulambo
Jul 03, 2017, 17:44
I understand your point, Dizzy, I also don't like oppressive mods. But there are still some flaws in the points system. I mean : not only mods can be oppressive, users can be oppressive too. I mean: I know users must be nice and polite to each other, but sometimes you can express your opinion and that opinion isn't liked by a certain other user.

Now, let's suppose that "certain other user" groups up with other people (his/her friends/comrades) in order to give negative points to you, lot of them, to make you decrease in rank or just defame you. Would this be fair? I'm not saying that the system is wrong, but sometimes people just act out of sympathy or antipathy, in a totally immature way. They can group up and just "mob" you, because they can't deal with you personally, one-vs-one.

I understand when a user uses an explicit language, undecent stuff, direct insults, unwanted psychological inquisition or just tries to push his/her opinion onto others... in these cases I think that user must be moderated or warned. But there are also "tricks" like the one I've exposed here, which can make users go smart and silent when mobbing a certain one, just because they're triggered.

Anyway, I'm just saying, maybe I'm just paranoid, that's all. I just think that people can mob other people with reputation points, just for personal reasons, and this isn't really fair.

But anyway I hope not all people act like this, maybe it's just my negative experience in other forums (which are going to die, probably) that makes me think this way.

A x ◿
Jul 03, 2017, 23:16
Well that's a relief and another reason to like this place. I like loose moderation like this. In my opinion mods should only tackle forum/download issues and the seriously illegal or seriously wrong stuff and that's it. Too many mods on forums often abuse their power and misuse it to, and I do mean a lot of them out there and especially the guild. Mods like that are what ruin a great mugen forum like that and I'm hoping in the future nothing like that happens here.

Dizzy
Jul 05, 2017, 10:55
I don't like to talk about issues on other sites, but I agree a certain site you mentioned embodies everything that can go wrong with moderation, with all the anti-intelligence and pro-childish fight mob mentality you'd expect from thirteen year old boys.

Should I cynically rejoice, to be honest I don't really care about it. I don't consider we are in a competition with these boards, MUGEN ARCHIVE is unique and I don't need to trouble myself with their issues.

mulambo
Jul 07, 2017, 17:48
Dizzy, about reputation points: what if an user like Squishyrouge acts like this:

http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org/images/screen.jpg

as you see, everyone can defame other if dislikes add or remove reputation points to others? if yes, immature people like Squishyrouge can do whatever, even provoking others into doing the same.

Arcadium
Jul 07, 2017, 20:03
Dizzy, about reputation points: what if an user like Squishyrouge acts like this:

http://emanuelepepi.altervista.org/images/screen.jpg

as you see, everyone can defame other if dislikes add or remove reputation points to others? if yes, immature people like Squishyrouge can do whatever, even provoking others into doing the same.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to shed light on the hypocrisy! http://sta.sh/0v7k0mbz85

P.s it's good that you kept the dates in.

P.p.s I would also like to emphasize the fact that I have given this cazzo reputation points yesterday with the added note that I would like to bury the hatchet. I guess Buddha does not teach forgiveness :crying2:

You know, you remind me of this kid from elementary. He would always strut the playground talking shit about everyone and their mother, yet soon as someone pushed HIM a bit, he would go crying towards the teachers. Do you really want that? Forcing Dizzy to act like an elementary school teacher just because you have a hard time making friends with people here?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I'm not trying to justify myself in any way here. I admit I got carried away, and I've refrained from any action against mulambo after that. Maybe it's a good thing he posted this. It shows how certain mechanics of the forum can be abused for petty, ugly or immature reasons. Just like this whole discussion is...

mulambo
Jul 07, 2017, 20:21
this cazzo somebody lost it, and even mispelled an insult ("cazzo" just means "*****" in Italian). Such a great maturity level.

talking shit about everyone and their motherwhat? you're using your imagination way too much. I've never insulted anyone's mothers or other users in this forum. Stop accusing me.

Forcing Dizzy to act like an elementary school teacher I don't force anyone. Just took a picture of you disliking my posts by intention, then I did the same just to know who could have been the first one to insult the other: you. I wouldn't tagged you too, if I didn't want to discuss about this immaturity with you directly and solve this issue.

By the way, I'm not trying to justify myself in any way here. I admit I got carried away, and I've refrained from any action against mulambo after that. Maybe it's a good thing he posted this. It shows how certain mechanics of the forum can be abused for petty, ugly or immature reasons. Just like this whole discussion is... At least you got my point. Let's move on, ok? Don't dislike my posts just because you're pushed by some attitude of competition, pride or whatsoever that fits your emotivity. Now let's really move on, over.

petty, ugly or immature reasonsYou started it. I imitated your actions to show you the results. Aegis reflector, my friend. I'd rather see you admitting you started disliking, so you see what you feel when you're being disliked by someone who doesn't actually read your comments and posts.

Surprisingly, you started disliking in mass right after I posted about the "dislike to decrease reputation points trick" comment in this same thread. Curious, isn't it? I think you : 1. read that comment in this thread 2. thought: "oh yes? this is how reputation works? let's decrease mulambo's reputation by accessing to all his posts in his prophile and disliking them all."

I just used your actions as example how "petty, ugly and immature" a user can be. You're just an example.

Grow up, dude. Tricks are for kids.

Also: you even quote Buddha in one of your posts, and you started a war. Call me an hypocrite, lol, I wonder what you are then. Namu Myo-ho Renge Kyo, my friend, lol!

P.p.s I would also like to emphasize the fact that I have given this cazzo reputation points yesterday with the added note that I would like to bury the hatchet. I guess Buddha does not teach forgiveness"Post scriptums" should go in the end of a message, not in the middle.... and complimenting other people to corrupt their integrity? Yeah, pretty smart of you.

Arcadium
Jul 07, 2017, 20:42
somebody lost it, and even mispelled an insult ("cazzo" just means "*****" in Italian). Such a great maturity level.
what? you're using your imagination way too much. I've never insulted anyone's mothers or other users in this forum. Stop accusing me.
I don't force anyone. Just took a picture of you disliking my posts by intention, then I did the same just to know who could have been the first one to insult the other: you.
At least you got my point. Let's move on, ok? Don't dislike my posts just because you're pushed by some attitude of competition, pride or whatsoever that fits your emotivity. Now let's really move on, over.
You started it. I imitated your actions to show you the results. Aegis reflector, my friend. I'd rather see you admitting you started disliking, so you see what you feel when you're being disliked by someone who doesn't actually read your comments and posts.

Surprisingly, you started disliking in mass right after I posted about the "dislike to decrease reputation points trick" comment in this same thread. Curious, isn't it? I think you : 1. read that comment in this thread 2. thought: "oh yes? this is how reputation works? let's decrease mulambo's reputation."

Grow up, dude. Tricks are for kids.

You done? You keep editing your comment from 'glad you got my point. Let's move on' towards 'no you started being mean'. I feel like I should be moving on, but I can't help but want to clear some things up (myeah, probably a pride thing indeed...)

Where I come from, ***** is a legitimate insult. Sorry if all my Italian comes from Assassin's Creed...

'Everyone and their mother' is a figure of speech, but I can understand that one. I feel there's language barrier between us even though we both speak proper English :)

I'm not saying I wasn't acting petty too. And I wasn't accusing you of starting, but now that you mention it: let me give you a 'blast to the past' http://sta.sh/0192dewhri96

Finally, I didn't read that comment. I just woke up that morning, booted up the ol' pc, and noticed 30 dislikes. Not having had my morning cup of coffee and cigarette yet, I decided to repay you. Also, I didn't even realize those dislikes can net you negative rep immediately. We still have all our dots right?

Look, I've said what I wanted to say, and I think you did as well. I admit to all the faults you listed of me and I accept the fact that I've been a pathetic punk with a childish attitude. You've made more than clear that you're the superior person, and you're comments have completely shattered my pride and ego. Nonetheless, I've enjoyed our banter and I wish you the best in life :very_good:

- - - Updated - - -

And I see more text in your comment now. I think we should've solved this in a chatbox or something XD

mulambo
Jul 07, 2017, 20:52
Where I come from, ***** is a legitimate insult.What about "where you at now" ? What about "who you talking to". Do all your neighbours call "*****" to each other? funny customs, indeed.

Sorry if all my Italian comes from Assassin's Creed...Now I know where your prejudices on Italy came from too.

'Everyone and their mother' is a figure of speech, but I can understand that one. I feel there's language barrier between us even though we both speak proper English :)No language barrier, smarthead, you've used excessive metaphores. Keep yourself on the facts, avoid excessive rethorics.

let me give you a 'blast to the past' http://sta.sh/0192dewhri96are you playing numb? I've already told you I've intentionally imitated your actions to make you aware of how petty and immature they were. Sometimes you need to show others what's wrong in them by repeating their actions, and this is the case.

Finally, I didn't read that comment. I just woke up that morning, booted up the ol' pc, and noticed 30 dislikes. Not having had my morning cup of coffee and cigarette yet, I decided to repay you.Are you using "something more" than tobacco in your cigarettes, because it looks you totally forgot what you did before my dislikes.

You've made more than clear that you're the superior person, and you're comments have completely shattered my pride and ego.Lol, like it was my intention or like you're really feeling like that and not using the "victim" card. You know there are no "superiors" beings amongst humans. I just want this stupid war to end, oh well actually I wanted to point out how people's brain work sometimes.

Arcadium
Jul 07, 2017, 21:11
That last comment was sarcastic...for the most part. I don't see this as a 'war' so much as semi-hostile banter that escalated into a dislike-contest. Plus, it's been less then a week now and we're already talking it out! I've had arguments with my girl that lasted longer then this. We're making big steps here, man :laugh:

But I want to ask you honestly: are you trying to drag this out? Because you still keep bashing my arguments, while you could also just say something in the sense of this:

"Well Squishy, glad you see that this got out of hand! You're right, we've both had a hand in this and it was unnecessary. I will accept your apology, but in the future I would like you to keep your smartass ignorant comments down a notch."
(p.s. I have no prejudice against Italy, and I seriously apologize if I made you feel that way)

This is the least you could do, if you really want to get this over with. Just accept my sincere apology and we won't talk about it anymore. I don't want anything from you ;D

mulambo
Jul 07, 2017, 21:26
Well Squishy, glad you see that this got out of hand! You're right, we've both had a hand in this and it was unnecessary. I will accept your apology, but in the future I would like you to keep your smartass ignorant comments down a notch. Well if you keep putting things in other people's mouth, beside of your girlfriend, no surprise people keep replying to you to correct your lack of accuracy about your judgements. If you don't want to "drag this out", just keep yourself on the facts, not your imagination. For instance: I don't think your a "smartass, ignorant, etc." I just think you're younger than me and you need to know that people know what you do, no matter how smart it looks to you when you're making it. Talk less aggressively, be nice. I'm no mod to say this, but if you don't want others to reply to you and "drag things out" just let things go.

I've had arguments with my girl that lasted longer then this. Ugh, maybe you should spend more time with her, instead of disliking some random dude's posts on the internets.

Good luck to you too, over (I hope).

Arcadium
Jul 07, 2017, 21:34
Well if you keep putting things in other people's mouth, beside of your girlfriend, no surprise people keep replying to you to correct your lack of accuracy about your judgements. If you don't want to "drag this out", just keep yourself on the facts, not your imagination. For instance: I don't think your a "smartass, ignorant, etc." I just think you're younger than me and you need to know that people know what you do, no matter how smart it looks to you when you're making it. Talk less aggressively, be nice. I'm no mod to say this, but if you don't want others to reply to you and "drag things out" just let things go.
Ugh, maybe you should spend more time with her, instead of disliking some random dude's posts on the internets.

Good luck to you too, over (I hope).

You're right about that. I've got a nasty tendency to show an 'in your face' mentality. Gotta need to work on that. Oh, the lovely lady is currently vacationing in Spain with her family. She'll be back next week, so I'll have less time to bother the forum anyway ;)

But anyway, I had fun! Best wishes :drinks: