PDA

View Full Version : Left4Joker News

Left4Joker
11th April 2017, 06:32
Hi everyone!

I'm opening this space to keep my policy of transparency with you guys ^_^

The idea is... everytime I do something important for the download area (or the forum, but mainly the download area) that worths your time I'll post here.
This way I don't have to pollute the chatbox or the status updates -_-'

I'll not post about the checking I do every day on the downloads... cuz I do it every day =p

So... let's start..

--10-11 apr 2017--
-By the morning I made true an old idea I had. Having a SNK and CAPCOM Arrange section under STAGES.
-Many edits are spread thru all capcom sections, so I figured a recheck on everything would be crucial.
-Late night I COMPLETELY RECHECKED and REVAMPED THE CAPCOM STAGES SECTION
-Tons of stages were moved to the newly created Capcom Arrange section.
-Pocket Fighter stages sec was created.
-Cyberbots stages sec was created
-Street Fighter (the first one) stages sec was created - it's unbelieavable we didn't have this one yet... +40 files.

Tomorrow I'll start doing this with the SNK section. After that I'll do a recheck on the general stage section and general edits... that's gonna take some time XD

Enzo25
11th April 2017, 10:39
For Street Fighter I
If you're interessed i have all Stages + Music, in my Uploads
They just need to be Replaced from general SF into the Right Section, SF1

kater15
11th April 2017, 14:38
My suggestion is to creation the SVK Arrange section is a solution to unburden the many chars uploaded in the MVC Arrange section. If we count only the SVK chars made by Infinite and Boryema we would lose the account. There are several chars of the series Guilty Gear, Dragon Ball Z, King of Fighters, Street Fighter and among others created in this style, the majority made by these two authors.

Left4Joker
11th April 2017, 14:41
For Street Fighter I
If you're interessed i have all Stages + Music, in my Uploads
They just need to be Replaced from general SF into the Right Section, SF1

They were already moved. I checked every single file on it. Capcom section is 100% ok right now.

My suggestion is to creation the SVK Arrange section is a solution to unburden the many chars uploaded in the MVC Arrange section. If we count only the SVK chars made by Infinite and Boryema we would lose the account. There are several chars of the series Guilty Gear, Dragon Ball Z, King of Fighters, Street Fighter and among others created in this style, the majority made by these two authors.

We'll debate this on the future. Right now it's not a priority.
I think it could become confuse... sometimes it's not 100% SVK... where would we put then? MVC Arrange or SVK? ... as it is right now it's working, no need to change it for a while
Btw this is the category request thread: https://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?132-Official-category-request-thread. Post there so we can have an open discuss about it

Left4Joker
11th April 2017, 20:55
An important double post

--11 apr 2017--
-From morning till noon around 200 files were moved from many different SNK sections to the new SNK Arrange. I'm on half of the KOF section now, there's a lot of things mixed there. Will finish it tomorrow. The rest of the section is done.
-Neo Geo Pocket Color section for STAGES was created.
-Not sure, but I think a section for Kizuna Encounter/Savage Reign stages will come tomorrow. I just need to see if there are enough files, didn't count but it seems so.
-Gowcaiser and Waku Waku 7 are on the same situation.
--

That's it guys, more to come tomorrow. Tonight I'll just check the latest uploads. Stay tuned for more news.

Left4Joker
12th April 2017, 20:50
--12 apr 2017--

Busy day... some things were unexpected...

-Moved around 50 SNK edits from KOF (Neogeo) to SNK Arrange
-SNK SECTION IS NOW FULL CHECKED, INCLUDING SUB-SECTIONS
-KOF99 Evo stages were moved from KOF(Neo Geo) to SNK. That's a Dreamcast game.
-KOF97 OL stages were moved to SNK as well, since it's not a neogeo game, but a chinese online one
-Waku Waku 7 section for stages was created!
-Savage Reign section for stages was created!
-KOF EX section for stages was created! The big surprise for me... they are from Gameboy Advanced, so I had to took them out of the KOF (Neo Geo) section. Since there were 20 files... I decided to put them all on a new section.

Surprisingly AODK, Gowcaizer and Kabuki Klash didn't reach the minimmum for a a new section. (But some are really close.. maybe soon they will)

--

Tomorrow I'll start checking that terrifying Stage>Edits section... -_-

Stay tuned for more news ;D

Left4Joker
16th April 2017, 15:56
-16 apr 2017-

We've got a bunch of new sections I'd like to notice here.

All of them are thanx to the efforts of Creperator , Leon72 and everyone else on the Official Cattegory Request Thread (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?132-Official-category-request-thread/page16)

-New section for Red Earth stages, under Capcom section
-New section for Kirby Stages, under Nintendo section
-New section for Donkey Kong Country stages, under Nintendo too

Some days ago Fire Emblem and Earthbound stage sections were created too thanx to Creperator. If you didn't check it already, go there and do it, there's a lot of cool stuff on it.

--

Couldn't find the time to check the Stages>Edits section yet T_T maybe after the weekend.

Left4Joker
18th April 2017, 21:10
-18 apr 2017-

More new stuff

-New Earthbound stages section (thanx Creperator)
-New Metroid stages section (same)
-New Smash Bros stages section.

Soul Edge/Soul Calibur section is coming tomorrow

...and I still didn't check the Stages>Edits -_-

Left4Joker
24th April 2017, 17:59
-24 apr 2017-

More new sections, courtesy of everyone's effort in the Official Category Request Thread (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?132-Official-category-request-thread/page16)

- New SoulCalibur/Edge section for stages is on. Thanx Leon72
- New Cartoon section for stages. ASTONISHING work by kater15. Thanx A LOT man.
- New My Little Pony section for stages, inside the Cartoon section, as suggested by Kater15.
- *Simpsons stage section is located now inside the Cartoon section.

That's all for now.

Left4Joker
21st May 2017, 05:23
-21 may 2017-

Yo guys, I'm back a this. Did a couple of things today I wanted you to know.

- New Fight Fever stage section, under SNK.
- New Wacraft stage section, under Video Game Universe. Courtesy of kater15. Thanx pal

Finally started working on the Edits section.
Stages that can be clearly distinguished as SNK or Capcom will be moved to SNK and Capcom arrange. Those that mix stuff from both universes, or that are not that easy to spot, will remain at edits.

Left4Joker
23rd May 2017, 05:35
-23 may 2017-

Quick news...

I can't believe I'm going to say it but...
-New section for NINJA WARRIORS stages, under other stages. Ikr? Both games received some love recently from the stage maker Vegaz Parelli. That summed up with those we already had made it reach the mark of 20 stages archived, and thus a new section.

And that's all ;D... for now

Left4Joker
15th June 2017, 22:26
-15 jun 2017-

Yo, I'm back. I'm kinda busy recently, but today was that day I felt I needed to be useful for a change XD

So...

-New section for Kabuki Klash stages, under SNK
-New section for Aggressors of Dark Kombat stages, under SNK. I was already planning both, and then kater15 helped with the links. Thanx my friend.
And a surprise...
-New section for RAGNAROK chars, under Video Game Universe. Yes, I know. If you want to thank someone, thank aka2810 who uploaded many chars from that universe, making this new section possible.

A Sega section is on the horizon, I just need to do some research to see wich franchises Sega still owns.

And that check on the stage edits section was put on delay again -_-. I'll do it.. someday...

A x ◿
15th June 2017, 23:40
Nice, I appreciate all this hard work. You're one of the top members here for a reason and I'm betting it's because of you that I can find exactly what I need without having to run through a mixed category. Places like this and the hard work its members put into it should not go on without appreciation and I just wanted to give my appreciation. It's because of this hard and tedious work that I'm able to fulfill all my gaming needs as well as all of my creation fulfillment's as these downloads can also be an excellent resource depository as well. I'm also betting that besides all the bad press this place gets that I have no doubt in my mind that the same people who are against this place most likely use this place and frequently as well; judging of course by the materials they just so happen to have. They won't admit it but I'm keen on what they are using and I know where they get it from LOL

Isn't that ironic? :grin:

Left4Joker
23rd June 2017, 17:46
Thanx A x ◿. I appreciate the comments ^_^

-23 jun 2017-

-New section for NIJIKAKU, under Heroes. Nijikaku, for those who don't know, is a community project made by the Futaba Chanel/2chan. It features a HUGE variety of characters. Some are originals, there's the Nijiura maids, there's a lot of references to anime, manga, japanese memes...
If you like weird stuff, go grab them.
This was only possible, due to the large number of files (189 right now), with the BIG HELP of aka2810, whom I want to say a really big THANK YOU. Your efforts shall not pass unnoticed. You earned a place here, and a friend on me.

There's still some files in our database that were not listed though, I'm working on finding them and will be doing this for the next weeks.

Left4Joker
26th June 2017, 18:21
-26 jun 2017-

-New section for Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer stages, under SNK. It was already planned and with the recent uploads it was possible. Thanx for Leon72 for listing the links.
-New section for Devil May Cry stages, under Capcom. Again, thanx Leon72 for getting the links.
-New stages section for the obscure Super Fighter game, under Other Fighters. Thanx aka2810 for pointing out the links.

That's all for now.

Left4Joker
1st July 2017, 01:20
-30 jun 2017-

Quick update

-New Heroic Fantasy section for stages, under Capcom. This section puts together stages from King of Dragons, Dungeons & Dragons, Knights of The Round and Warriors of Fate
-New Square Enix section for stages, under Video Games. Final Fantasy was realocated inside of it. I uploaded a ton of Chrono Trigger content, make sure you grab it if you're a fan.

That's all

Left4Joker
6th July 2017, 02:36
-05 jul 2017-

-New Minecraft section for stages, under Videogame Universe. There's nothing THAT good, but it may fulfill your need of fighting inside the blocky world XD. Thank kater15 for suggesting.

Left4Joker
18th July 2017, 00:32
-17 jul 2017-

Bunch of news today. Stay with me

-New Nijikaku section for stages, under Heroes. I actually done this for quite a while and was waiting me to upload all stages from the game, but I ended up slacking a bit, so I'm announcing it incomplete. Still working on it.
-New Streets of Rage section for stages, under Other Fighters... I didn't make this one. Maybe Justice or Dizzy did. Anyway, thanx Leon72 for putting up the links.
-New Kart Fighter section for chars, under Videogame -> Bootlegs. Thanx FlareGamer64 for this one.
-New Fighter's History section for stages, under Other Fighters. Thanx Leon72
-New Martial Master section for stages, under Other Fighters. Again, thanx Leon72

And that's all for now. Thanx everyone for the contributions. If we grow it's because we have valuable people like you in our community.
See ya soon \o

FlareGamer64
18th July 2017, 01:01
I might do a street fighter bootlegs section since there are a few of those.

A x ◿
18th July 2017, 23:33
Is the Marvel Vs Capcom section divided between MvC1, MvC2, etc.

It would be nice to download exactly what I want. I kept getting MvC2 hitsparks when I wanted the classic MvC1 fxs. Also is X-Men vs Street fighter and MSH mixed in there to? If they are they should be sub-sections perhaps?

Left4Joker
19th July 2017, 02:09
Is the Marvel Vs Capcom section divided between MvC1, MvC2, etc.

It would be nice to download exactly what I want. I kept getting MvC2 hitsparks when I wanted the classic MvC1 fxs. Also is X-Men vs Street fighter and MSH mixed in there to? If they are they should be sub-sections perhaps?

Problem is... who is going to test them all? XD Anyway, make these kind of requests in the category request thread ok? Maybe someone there would like to help in this quest

A x ◿
19th July 2017, 04:24
My apologies.

Left4Joker
22nd July 2017, 01:50
My apologies.

No prob. It's just that if we start doing this here, not only you but a lof of people will start too. Imagine the mess the thread would become.

==21 jul 2017==

Lots of new stuff \o courtesy of the guys from the Official Category Request Thread -> https://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?132-Re-Official-category-request-thread&p=42848#post42848

-New section for Star Fox characters, under VG Universe -> Nintendo. Thanx FlareGamer64
-New section for Yu Yu Hakusho stages, under Heroes. Thanx kater15
-New section for Visual Novels based stages, under Heroes. Thanx kater15 and Jansen121 for listing most of them, there was still a lot I had to find myself, but you guys did a really good job.
-New sections for characters and stages based on Street Fighter bootlegs. Both under VG Universe -> Bootleg. Thanx FlareGamer64, I didn't even imagine there was so many of them. Now everyone can make their very own pirate SF, how cool is that huh?

Also, if you guys still don't know, Dizzy made a new section for Gouki and Ryu edits, under Capcom Arrange, as suggested and listed by kater15. It's a REALLY big collection and you should definetely check it out.

And that's all for now.

FlareGamer64
22nd July 2017, 11:27
Yeah I'm honestly stunned at how there are so many of those bootleg street fighters. And I don't even play star fox but yet I made the category a thing.

Left4Joker
26th July 2017, 01:48
Yo guys! Ready for more? .. I am..

--25 jul 2017--

-New stage section for Rabbit, under Other Fighters. Courtesy of Leon72. If you don't know Rabbit, it's an arcade game made by Electronic Arts released only in Japan. The quality of the visuals is astonishing. Go play it and download the stages if you haven't already.
-New stage section for Queen of Heart, under Bishoujo. Thanx Jansen121. I believe it was only a matter of time before this happened.
-New stage section for WeaponLord, under Other Fighters. Thanx Leon72 again. Good old SNES/Genesis days... loved to rip the heads of opponents off with Jen-tai :D
-New stage section for Brutal: Paws of Fury, under Other Fighters. Thanx Leon72 one more time. If you guys like nice 16-bit landscapes, this is for you.

And that's all for now...
I'll....be....back.. B|

Left4Joker
29th July 2017, 04:50
As promised.. I am back! B|

Now let's do this cuz it's 00:43 here in Brazil and I'm REALLY tired.

--29 jul 2017--

-New stage section for Shades of Manhattan, under Edits. I know, I know... the chars are in originals... but the stages from the game are all edits, just deal with it XD
-New stage section for Sango Fighter, under Other Fighters, to satisfy your thirst for historical japanese stages. Thanx kater15 for the suggestions above.
-New stage section for Flash Hiders, under Other Fighters. A classic and not so well known game with some amazing 16-bit stages. Thanx Leon72
-New stage section for DC Classics, under DC that is, in turn, under Heroes. We already had a DC Classic for Chars, this one is basically following the idea. 8-16bit only! Thanx Bradsalo for most of the links.

And that's all... I'm hitting the bed right now XD

See ya tomorrow mateys.

A x ◿
30th July 2017, 02:00
It's amazing to think there were categories missing here. I was sure you guys had them all. This should make mugen building and resource collecting much easier now. :very_good:

Also i know it's asking too much but if possible could you link to the new sections by any chance when you create them and announce it here? I know I can look it up but sometimes I like to just jump in into a surprise. I'm was curious to check out the star fox section and i was bumbed out that I had to look it up.

Not a big issue but just if you want to in the future it be a great way for me and maybe others to check out the new organized sections.

Left4Joker
30th July 2017, 05:18
It's amazing to think there were categories missing here. I was sure you guys had them all. This should make mugen building and resource collecting much easier now. :very_good:

Also i know it's asking too much but if possible could you link to the new sections by any chance when you create them and announce it here? I know I can look it up but sometimes I like to just jump in into a surprise. I'm was curious to check out the star fox section and i was bumbed out that I had to look it up.

Not a big issue but just if you want to in the future it be a great way for me and maybe others to check out the new organized sections.

I like the idea. I'm going to do it on the next news :D

Left4Joker
11th August 2017, 17:22
It's been some time isn't it?
My notebook fried and I had to wait for a new one to arrive =p but I'm ba-ack now! XD

This news comes in a new format, inspired by the idea A x ◿ suggested. You can now click on the names of the sections to go directly to them.
Shall we start?

--11 aug 2017--

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2161&d=1502421177
-New Five Nights At Freddy's (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=509-) section for chars, under Video Game Universe.
Thanx FlareGamer64 for the links!

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2162&d=1502422285
-New Might and Magic (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=510-) section for chars, under Video Game Universe.
Thanx kater15 for suggesting and aka2810 for uploading this huge collection.

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2169&d=1502462870
-New SEGA (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=511-) section for chars, under Video Game Universe as well.
I've been planning this for a long time, it was already suggested but nobody took the time to find the links. Now it's done :D If I forgot or misplaced something, plz let me know.
As a consequence, the Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Sonic sections have been reallocated as sub-sections inside Sega.

---

And that's all for now, hope you guys enjoy the new format.

More to come.
See ya!

FlareGamer64
11th August 2017, 21:10
I honestly don`t like Fnaf that much but i thought it would be nice if it got a category here.

A x ◿
12th August 2017, 00:10
I love the sega section! XD And thanks for the easy viewing experience. I just jumped right in!

I see a lot of classic gems here including Ecco the Dolphin. I didn't know he was in mugen. This is awesome!!! Now to have a bloody death battle between Sega Ecco the Dolphin and Sega's the little Mermaid! :laugh:

Left4Joker
18th September 2017, 18:28
Where to start?
My life is a mess right now. I'm overwhelmed - but with good stuff - and sadly I must become a bit more away than usual.
Cuz of that, expect a new admin been nominated in the next weeks to assume my responsabilities in the download area - all you guys will hear more about this later, but the most of you probably already have an idea of who this guys is gonna be.

So.. right now, I'm going to be here on M.A only as an advisor for new admins and all moderators. But I'm not leaving... I'll still be acting in the creation of new categories.

That been said... let's check the news. Remember, you can quickly access them by clicking in their names.

--18 set 2017--

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2475&d=1505747406
-New ROBLOX (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=516-) section for chars, under Video Game Universe.
Thanx Creperator for the links! I hate that game though XDDDDD

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2482&d=1505750825
-New Tales of (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=517-) section for chars, under Bandai Namco, in VG Universe. It includes Tales of Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia and all the others games from the franchise.
Thanx FlareGamer64 for most of the links.

==Those two weren't made by me, Dizzy created them, but I want to inform as well:==

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/images2/downloads/categories/logo_gng.gif
-New Ghost'n Goblins (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=513-ghosts-n-goblins) section for stages, under Capcom. It features Demon's Crest, Gargoyle's Quest and other games inspired on the franchise.
Thanx Leon72!

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/images2/downloads/categories/logo_ky.gif
-New Kakuge Yaro (hhttps://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=514-kakuge-yaro) section for stages, under Other Fighters.
Thanx aka2810!

---

There's two more already approved to come. I'll add them as soon as I find the time to do it.

See ya my friends

FlareGamer64
18th September 2017, 20:36
I know A C T U A L L Y N O T H I N G about the tales games, yet I made it a category. Yay for me. And I hope you get through these hard times Joker.

A x ◿
19th September 2017, 01:05
Take care. I know first hand how hard it can be to maintain a forum. I honestly think it's really good right now and it should work just fine for the time being. Hopefully someone can take up the job and continue where you left off. Hopefully you'll pitch in once in a blue moon at least if there isn't someone else giving it a shot.