UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Ranting!

Uploads
    Comments

Mad Game Ranting!

Post here your frustration about unhappy, annoying or unexpected facts about your gaming.

Today I was completing a mission in Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2).
    I was nearly at the end of it, after retrying 10 times already... my PS3 (that emulates the PS2 isos) crashes and reboots!
    Sheesh!!!
    check my MUGEN creations at [emanuelepepi.tk]

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Game Ranting!

this reminds me that time i lost my entire save file of the first destroy all humans, and i have to start all over again.

The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

I remember starting Summon Night 2 on the GBA and forgetting to save.. I spent 2 hours playing and then died LOL

Man, only I know how mad I got...

Uploads
    Comments

I'm playing Raiden (the shmup) right now, the arcade original on MAME.

Awesome game, but it tends to piss me off quite often. You can't never catch a break or let your guard down with it. Fricken' sniper tanks.

And from a week ago: I was playing this little, nicely done MLP themed EarthBound hack called "EquestriaBound". It has a couple of new enemies and extra bosses, and one of said bosses was one of the "status spammer" kind. Most of time all it did was to spam paralysis and feeling-strange (sorta similiar to confusion states on other RPGs) inducing moves.

Needless to say, it was REALLY annoying. I could beat it in the end by abusing PK Freeze and the one turn "Solidified" status it gives on higher levels, tho.

Uploads
    Comments

Aye I remember all the Destroy All Humans games. Mine would crash out of no where no matter what console I was on so I feel your pain man

Uploads
    Comments

No problem, actually I completed the game 100% yesterday. It was a pain in the arse, but the game deserved it.
    Last edited by mulambo; 13th January 2017 at 01:52.

Uploads
    Comments

Rant of the new game: Assassin's Creed Rogue.
    I really love anything about this game, beside the fact of hunting animals.

General rant on some fighting games, [Tekken 6, Soulcalibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown].
    I like them, they're alright games, I sank in a lot of time into both of them.
    But after a while, repeating the same combos and juggles gets boring fast; after all, fighting games revolve around repetition.

This could be avoided by giving the game more options, kinda like Street Fighter III 3rd Strike's dip switches.
    By giving the player the options to change timing for certain mechanics, or turning some of them on / off, changing game speed, etc.
    A game's life span can be extended greatly, by mixing things up, allowing for less repetition and more deviation into different styles of play.

Also, I dislike Tekken Tag 2's way of handling custom songs and that Soulcalibur IV doesn't support them at all.

Uploads
    Comments

PS4 Kairisei Million Arthur. You got pay money to gather crystals but the limited gacha event went way to much bugs and glitches all the time. It will not easy to get UR card but instead SR card. I'm not kidding of this experience. Soul Calibur III, one of the games I don't like. The save from memory suddenly crashed at the time. No doubt indeed..... And the boss and enemy A.I. way went too hard. And Ninja Gaiden on NES, was too suck. The difficult very hard. There are lot glitches around!
    私に良い考えがある!

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by オプティさん View Post
    Soul Calibur III, one of the games I don't like. The save from memory suddenly crashed at the time.
    I think many of us know already that problem. Beating the colossus twice at hard difficulty, that was the real challenge. Another thing that's weird of the quest mode in Soul Calibur II : there's no end of it. You can actually (check it with the use of cheats like Action Replay) the 999999 level. That self-corrupting memory issue also happened in Tekken 4/5. I guess coders were high while programming it, or maliciously did it on purpose to increase the game longevity.

As regards my last experience of gaming: Max Payne 3. Daaaaamn, where's the noir of the prequels? Max became a drunk, in Brazil. W. T. F. It's a good game indeed, but I was also expecting it to be a free-roaming game with the same dark and gloomy environment of the first two episodes. Now I realize Max Payne is nothing but a main-streamer: when the Matrix was cool back in the days, there you had Max Payne wearing a leather jacket. Now he's a weirdo hipster. Worse: a "proto-hypster" with guns (like Michael from GTAV would say). Surely Rockstar Games connected GTA5 and Max Payne 3, as regards the style of their characters: Max Payne wears the same clothes as Michael (blue/gray jacket, white shirt, tidy haircut) and Trevor (bald, beard, weird clothes).

Also difficulty: Easy mode is not easy at all, actually.

What the hell.

Uploads
    Comments

the last game i finished was Batman Arkham Knight, the game is good and looks good... but the batmobile is probably my least favorite thing about the game. you have to do alot of stuff inside the car, and even stuff that in previous games was so easy to do without the car, most of the time you find yourself doing stuff like pointless tank battles, riddler's wacky races, a boring battle with a drill and more. there's alot of things in the game that could have been better. i could complain about the history, the ending, the lackluster boss battles and the "original" Arkham Knight itself, but i was more annoyed by the overuse of the batmobile, other than that the rest of the game like the combat and predator sections are good.
    Last edited by Mortos; 7th March 2017 at 23:46.

The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

New game rant: Max Payne 3, I know I've already ranted about this, but there's even more annoying stuff about this game.
    - why does the "Old School" Max Payne model/skin looks like a botulin abuser?
    - why does the new Max Payne looks like Humphrey Bogart? I mean: same character like in Casablanca (disappointed, sad, obsessed with the past/nostalgic, drunk), almost the same face.
    - why is the Unlimited Bullet Time cheat still locked after completion of the required tasks, and why does Rockstar games distribute a game which is still so buggy and glitched?
    - why does my PS3 shut down right at the end of a payne-in-the-ass level?
    - why can't I just skip the cutscenes? It's like I've watched the same movie 8 times in 10 days. I'd rather play the Blue Whale Game, lol it would be less suicidal
    - why does a bodyguard/ex-cop/war machine/one-man-army decides to be tricked into an ambush by a brazilian kid in a hidden favela?
    - why is the story lacking of any good motif? You just get in weird situations and shoot at everyone while escaping. It's not like in Max Payne 1 where somebody gave you a reason to go nuts and kill everyone (example: the killing of your wife and kid). At least in Max Payne 2 you were just charmed by a girl, and that's realistic. But in Max Payne 3... lol, why did they choose Brazil as location? This reminds me of the weird time in which I joined a Capoeira course. A total waste of time.

Another new game rant: PES 2014
    Why is this game so stupid? I mean characters do dumb moves, they can't sometimes reach the ball even if it's passing by really near to them, sometimes your characters decide to slow down and more of this ball-sh*t, like shoots don't look like real shoots (not as much in Virtua Striker, for example), weird gameplay, too complex tactics system.
    Also it seems like this game has no auto-save, so what happened when I shutted down the console? I realized I had to star the Master League from the beginning. I wasted 1hr of playing. Cool!

Uploads
    Comments

another rant, this time about a fighting game... chaos code: what i hate about the game is the versus loading screen that takes an eternity to end, and the worst part is that you cant skip it. everytime i play a versus match and i press rematch i have to see the versus screen all over again, in fact the versus loading screen takes more time to finish than the actual fights. why they did made it like that? is a question i do everytime i play this game, other than that the rest of the game is pretty good, and the OST does actually have pretty nice songs.

another one:Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, the first one was pretty good, this one is suppose to be based on civil war, the comic at least. but things become stupid at the middle of the game, with the plot about nanites taking over the world and that lame Cyborg Nick Fury as the final boss, i mean who came out with this thing? on his favor i can say that the roster has some interesting chars and the gameplay is better, but still lacks some chars that were awesome from the first game. but seriously with that awful final battle, no wonder why they didn't even bother to make another sequel.

Uploads
    Comments

another one:Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, the first one was pretty good, this one is suppose to be based on civil war, the comic at least. but things become stupid at the middle of the game, with the plot about nanites taking over the world and that lame Cyborg Nick Fury as the final boss, i mean who came out with this thing? on his favor i can say that the roster has some interesting chars and the gameplay is better, but still lacks some chars that were awesome from the first game. but seriously with that awful final battle, no wonder why they didn't even bother to make another sequel.
    don't know that game, neither the first one you mentioned, but I had the same disappointment about SF4 final boss. I mean: he's a sort of "Tao-Dhalsim". I wish Capcom put Gill back, or an evolution of it (like the final form of Twelve, for example).

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    don't know that game, neither the first one you mentioned, but I had the same disappointment about SF4 final boss. I mean: he's a sort of "Tao-Dhalsim". I wish Capcom put Gill back, or an evolution of it (like the final form of Twelve, for example).
    well to be honest Seth doesn't have a good design, and his moveset is basically a mix of various moves stolen from other fighters... no wonder why nobody wants him in SFV.

about Marvel ultimate alliance, is a RPG/action game that was released on 2006. and yeah Chaos Code is really unknown, i buy it just because his price wasn't that high, and like i said is a pretty fun game, if you had someone to play with it, since it doesn't have online mode sadly, also it has some weird but funny and unique character designs.

Uploads
    Comments

well to be honest Seth doesn't have a good design, and his moveset is basically a mix of various moves stolen from other fighters... no wonder why nobody wants him in SFV.
    Too bad it's only the moveset that sucks (and possibly that attitude that doesn't just feel like a bawss), for me he's cool designed. I'd just give him Gill's moves, with another kind of power instead of Ice/fire (like.. dunno magnetic one or anti-matter ... something along these ).

Now that I recall other chars from that game... "ultimate-superkickass-ilostmyf*ckingmind-shin "Akuma looks like Edmond Honda on a coffe overdose to me. I think Capcom just wanted to put Honda back, but they realized nobody likes fat dudes, unlike some Bob's fans from Tekken (and that's why Namco put him on a diet schedule in TT2). I really don't dig his moveset neither, even if I kinda like the look of it, but I was expecting more (like a one-key messatsu go hadou, or a super-cheap version of Akuma.... it's way more difficult to use than Akuma himself, instead).
    Last edited by mulambo; 9th March 2017 at 15:03.

Uploads
    Comments

Too bad it's only the moveset that sucks (and possibly that attitude that doesn't just feel like a bawss), for me he's cool designed. I'd just give him Gill's moves, with another kind of power instead of Ice/fire (like.. dunno magnetic one or anti-matter ... something along these ).
    i like his costume that he uses on his intro for the game better, but yeah i think Capcom was lazy with his moveset.

Now that I recall other chars from that game... "ultimate-superkickass-ilostmyf*ckingmind-shin "Akuma looks like Edmond Honda on a coffe overdose to me. I think Capcom just wanted to put Honda back, but they realized nobody likes fat dudes, unlike some Bob's fans from Tekken (and that's why Namco put him on a diet schedule in TT2). I really don't dig his moveset neither, even if I kinda like the look of it, but I was expecting more (like a one-key messatsu go hadou, or a super-cheap version of Akuma.... it's way more difficult to use than Akuma himself, instead).
    are talking about Oni? the blue super saiyan Akuma or the leon haired Akuma from SFV? to be honest both look awful. but if is about Oni, then i do agree that the moveset could have been better, the only cool thing about him is that he can use his raging demon in mid-air.

Uploads
    Comments

yup, I was talking about Oni.
    honestly I don't hate the look of that lion-like character, but I wished SF5 to be different than SF4. They look too similar. Also, in my opinion there is no reason to keep a 2d gameplay with 3d graphics, Capcom can do more than that... but I think they had enough with pixel-art after SF3

Uploads
    Comments

I was playing Zero Time Dilemma a couple of weeks ago. I made a whole bunch of progress and was super getting into it, but then I accidentally closed my 3DS during a cutscene, which crashed the game, which means I lost hours of progress because I forgot to save.

I haven't had the power to pick it up since, even though I was enjoying it.

Uploads
    Comments

The whole crashing and losing saves thing reminds me of Brawl on Wii, I know its not the greatest game ever but Younger me was so invested in the Subspace story, and then my Wii went weird during the great maze and lost all my data...