UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: is mugen dying?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: is mugen dying?

To sum up my Response in one word to M.U.G.E.N dying, Nope.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermourn View Post
    I agree with both of these. I've been messing around with mugen for many years now, and I haven't gotten bored of it.
    i was joking when i said that, just by the fact that the only things getting released nowadays seens to be hentai edits and POTS style edits.

The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

As there's as many fans as there is currently, I don't think it'll die out anytime soon tbh

Uploads
    Comments

I hope it doesn't die just yet, i like playing mugen and it's great to see new characters coming!

Uploads
    Comments

Hail to the 90's and the children begot by them!

- - - Updated - - -

DAMMIT RALF! STOP STEALIN' MA CHICKEN!!!

I would hope not. I used to play on Winmugen back around 10 years ago, but stopped for a long while. Not because it was boring or anything like that, but interests change. However, I've always found interest in going back, and even to this day, I still like going and playing it. Even with MUGEN 1.0 and newer stuff coming out, I still find myself going back to the nostalgic Winmugen back from years ago. So I would hope it doesn't die.

Uploads
    Comments

I hope Mugen doesn't die either, Mochasamurai. I mean think about it, if we've been playing Beat 'em ups in the Arcades or Consoles, surely those techniques gained from Gaming goes into the character we play as in Mugen and we could gain from Mugen to play in our video games. The one thing I hope that doesn't cause Mugen to die out is DMCAs and that's the biggest threat so far if anyone post Gaming videos on the web, which includes Mugen videos.

Truth be told, I would believe posting game videos involving MUGEN could spur more of an audience. Playing MUGEN for so long has actually helped me with actual fighting games as well, such as the mechanics fighting games use and the terminology (such as hit boxes, priorities, and such).

Also, MUGEN introduced me to all sorts of new fighting games I've never heard of, such as King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Uploads
    Comments

Unfortunately, it seems so. There's a reason it's called the Poor People's Fighting Game.

Uploads
    Comments

It is hard to attract people to mugen community because it need people to both like and then develop their own characters to keep the community going. However, it is also easier for certain people to bring in as there are a lot of different builds of mugen and freedom to add your own characters and movesets which is appealing to people who enjoy fighters in general. Either way, mugen will be around as long as people enjoy being creative with character design and playing with characters they and others made for fun!!!

Uploads
    Comments

As long as interest in 2D sprite-based fighting games persists imo.
    Something that would really revitalize Mugen is if KOF got another game like 98' with all characters from past games in a dream match but in that same great looking Neo Geo sprite style. That'd mean a huge load of characters for Mugen and a lot of people becoming interested in it as well.

Uploads
    Comments

Can't see it ever dying- so long as it's somewhere for people to download, it'll live on, and people will always find a way to keep making things for it. Plus there are tons of dedicated sites like this that keep files in one place for people who are looking for them.

Uploads
    Comments

I do not think so, although I knew the mugen since it was born I never got to play until now thanks to the development of better and more friendly execution engines and graphical interfaces. I've always used M.A.M.E or Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (which is also a great simulator of 80 amd 90's arcade games) but MUGEN as far as 2D fighting simulation is unrivaled an the best in this category. Its feature so valuable to be able to incorporate any character from the fiction world and pop culture will never be replaced or supassed by other PC fighting game and much less in video consoles (Playstation, X-Box, Nintendo, etc).

I think the Mugen will continue evolving. It's a great choice for those nostalgic gamers like me or new discoverers who much appreciate this addictive
    fighting game simulator. Long life to the Mugen.

Uploads
    Comments

I used to play this game a lot when I was younger. Had no clue it was still around until a few days ago. Very happy about that.

Uploads
    Comments

Everything will die at some point, but let's keep it striving.