UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

• Welcome

User Name   Remember Me?
    Not a member yet? Join us now!
    It takes less than a minute!
    Password  

You are currently browsing the Portal V2 !
    Dislike? The Portal V1 is still available here.

Join the community now!
  • Google Search

• Until the site gets patched, downloads will be disabled for unregistered users

The logs show massive usage of download accelerators by unregistered users, in violation of our terms of service.

This activity is the reason why the site has been slow and was crashing regularly. The rate of pages successfully loading dropped under 50% recently, so we've enabled auto-ban of users using download managers, but in a few hours, hundreds of IP addresses got banned. This is very bad management and we need to prevent abuse rather than punish it, because let's face it, nobody's reading the terms of service, and we would end banning half of our visitors at this rate.

But this can only be fixed with a patch, which is beyond my level of access, so I can't tell when this will be done. Until then I'm afraid we have to disable downloads for unregistered users, to maintain the site stability.

Sorry but I see no alternative.

We also kindly ask our registered members to disable their download manager.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Until the site gets patched, downloads will be disabled for unregistered users started by Dizzy View original post